background

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Spicy Chicken Vegetable Stir-Fry



We had this meal on Wednesday. Chinese Stir-fries are healthy and easy-to-make meals. It's a great way to get lots of vegetables in my family, and it uses a lot less meat than what a typical recipe may call for. All the ingredients used can be purchased at an Asian grocery market. It is not rocket science to make stir fries. I have no specific measurement. It is according to taste.

Here is one of the versions of a spicy stir fry using cut-up chicken pieces:

Heat cold pressed extra virgin olive oil in skillet.

Sprinkle some garlic flakes to season the oil.

Lightly brown the garlic but do not burn.

Add diced chicken and cook until no longer pink.


This brown sauce is vegetarian oyster mushroom sauce. I add just enough to cover the chicken.


I added rice wine (can also be purchased at the Asian grocery store).


I added diced orange peppers.

Add diced green peppers and diced white onions.

My skillet is getting full! I lightly stir fry the vegetables. I like a lot of crunch in my vegetables so I won't cook this very long. It is best not to cook your vegetables for too long so the nutrients are not destroyed.

I added the asparagus that I had blanched earlier in the week so I won't cook this very long.


I love mushrooms. I add lots.


Stir and evenly distribute the vegetables.

I add chili garlic sauce It makes it spicy, which our family all enjoy, even the little ones.

The last ingredient just before I turn off the skillet is sesame oil. I probably only put about 2 tablespoons. It doesn't take very much. Serve over brown rice. It is a healthy meal that our family enjoys.

1 comment: